A bit of a late bloomer…
I’ve never had a boyfriend. Never had a talking stage. Never even been told someone had a crush on me (until a few months ago). Please, don’t call me an incel, I swear I’m normal.
But, I’ve been very okay with being on my own (except for that one week in sophomore year) and I don’t plan on changing that.
However, given that life has a mind of its own, the universe decided to send me someone. Kind of.
It’s not actually anything, now that I think about it but, words have been exchanged and I’m inclined to believe at least one of us would like for it to go somewhere.
Moving on, I’ve had the opportunity to witness all of my friend’s relationships, talking stages, and whatever else.
So, here’s the conclusion I’ve come to.
I’m in no mood to seek out a boyfriend.
If it comes to me, then it comes to me but, I refuse to play Ring Around The Rosie for someone’s attention. And I definitely won’t be competing for it either.
I don’t like dishonest people and, praying this doesn’t happen in real life, if you aren’t feeling me, tell me.
And if it really hurts that bad to tell me, ghost me. I would love to be left alone more than anything.
Now, this isn’t a smear campaign on dating as a whole. I love love and I love that people are in love. What I don’t love is pre-dating culture and I don’t love the people who participate in it.
I guess this is a message to all the talking-stage/situationship/friends-with-benefits people of the world, be who you are away from me. No shade, it’s your life.
That’s it. Stay frosty, YBG
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletei really related to this. i'm at a place in my life where i'd rather protect my peace than force a connection that doesn't feel genuine. thank you for sharing this. i really enjoyed reading it. ♡
ReplyDelete