Okay so, I missed June. You win some, you lose some. The important thing is I have something to talk about so listen up suckers.
Since graduating, here's a few things I've learned.
For starters, I don't feel any different. It's almost like when people ask you how it feels to be a different age on your birthday. It feels like nothing. I had zero things going on in high school and I now have zero things going on outside of high school.
I'm currently waiting for my first day of work because, yes, I got a job. That means barely eating so I don't spend money and pretending to be broke everytime my parents ask if I need anything. That's how I save.
Before I got distracted staring at my own blog because I love how I sound, I was in the process of writing a short story for this scholarship. It's reworked from something I wrote in freshman year and it's one of the only things I wrote back then that I can stomach.
As I'm writing this, it feels like my clothes are melting into my skin. It is so disgustingly hot outside, I didn't walk to get a bagel. In what universe is it even remotely acceptable for it to be 11:00 AM and 95 degrees outside???
It's even worse when every time I go outside to hangout or go to a block party or a barbecue, I am constantly bombarded with the same question over and over and over again.
"Are you excited for school?" "Are you ready to go to school?" "Are you excited for college?"
Dear God, PLEASE leave me alone. Hearing it is like nails on a chalkboard. I understand it's a new conversation with a new person and I understand that it is a privilege to even be able to complain about going to college but I really am going to go insane and soon.
On to something else, I'm kind of in a weird place with my roommate. We've spoken a few times over text, nothing crazy but, I kind of feel like a desperate weirdo texting her first all the time. She's at pre-college so she's been in our dorm for a while now but I still need to know if we're coordinating supplies and necessities but I'm too scared to text first again.
Do I need my own fridge? Which side of the room am I on? Does she snore? Is she a light sleeper?
I have so many questions.
Also, I've been getting around to updating my Letterboxd which is actually really fun. The last movie I watched was Jim Henderson's Labyrinth which, by the way, I wish I wrote. It's stupidly perfect. I did give it three and a half stars but that's only because getting five stars out of me is very difficult. Except for Ocean's 11.
(P.S. I totally forgot about this entry and it is in fact two weeks later shhh)
Other than that, my summer is going pretty good and I hope yours is too, whoever is reading this.
That's all for now, please do stay frosty, YBG
No comments:
Post a Comment